Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween (and more importantly , first day of Muzzleloader Season)!!

What would Halloween be without some good hunting carvings? This labor of love, the Browning symbol took two tries and a lot of patience.  DU, of course, did the Duck's Unlimited symbol and an homage to his favorite NFL team, the Colts. Each of the puppies got one as well, making our front porch ablaze with the beauty of rotting produce:

I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!!!

As for me, I'll be hunting. (Shocking, I know.) Tonight, DU, E4 and I are going to be venturing about two hours away to a family farm that is overrun with deer.  DU was able to get a bunch of good harvests out of there last year so we're hoping for the same tomorrow.  I shot a little bit yesterday and was dead-on so I hope that is a good omen for tomorrow morning. Even though it is the first day of Muzzleloader, I'm allowing E4 to use my TC triumph since he amazingly enough does not own one.  I love black powder .50's but I figured E4 would enjoy coming out.  Besides, I'm yearning for my first bow kill.

Stay tuned!! Hopefully I'll be celebrating my first bow harvest this time tomorrow!
 

3 comments:

Terry Scoville said...

Great pumpkins! Thanks for your comments at Women's Hunting Journal. Can I add you to the Women's Want list page? I wasn't able to find a contact link here on your site to send you an email. Thanks

The Writing Huntress said...

E-mail has been added!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Good Luck and be safe.

Keep an extra eye out for the kidde's while they are trick and treating.

Whitetail Woods Blog / Deer Hunting and Blackpowder Shooting at it’s best.